What is the Practice Standards Scheme?
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (PSS) is a voluntary initiative to accredit veterinary practices in the UK.
Through setting standards and carrying out regular inspections, the Scheme aims to promote and maintain the highest standards of veterinary care.
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) regulates the veterinary profession. Practices can become accredited under the RCVS practice standards scheme where they must pass a rigorous inspection. Areas include hygiene, health and safety, equipment and delivery of high standards of professional veterinary care.
What does this mean to you as a client?
- Peace of mind for you
- Quality of care for your animals
- Regular inspections of the practice to ensure standards are maintained.
This practice is proud to be an RCVS Accredited General Practice. It has been inspected to include the following:
- Meeting the core standards including a range of legal and health & safety requirements
- Having in place arrangements for 24 hour emergency cover for patients
- Having a policy to make clients aware of arrangements for checking and monitoring patients if kept in overnight
- Having a system for monitoring the outcome of treatments
- Showing an ongoing commitment to education and staff training
- Keeping premises clean and well maintained
- Having appropriately trained staff for work undertaken
- Having a policy for communicating with clients and looking at feedback
- Meeting standards of care for companion and farm animals.
For more information please use the following link: